RE: how to manage using ISA behind a leased line

  • From: Gérard Dumazet <gdumazet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 22:54:08 +0100

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jim Harrison [mailto:jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mercredi 2 janvier 2002 15:32
À : [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Objet : [isalist] RE: how to manage using ISA behind a leased line

http://www.ISAserver.org

ISA must also have a route to site B.  You enable this by adding site B's
subnet to the ISA routing table.
If you have RRAS installed, enter it there.
If no RRAS on the ISA, use the "route -p add <subnet> mask <netmask>
<gateway>" command.
In your case, the command would be "route -p add 192.168.1.0 mask
255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1"

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the book!

De : Gallop, George [mailto:George.Gallop@xxxxxxxxxx]
Envoye : mardi 1 janvier 2002 23:27
A : [ISAserver.org Discussion List]

http://www.ISAserver.org

Happy New Year.

I am struggling with understanding your English, sorry.

I am no guru, but possibly if I explain what I understood of the problem
we can try and all help?  I have a suggested solution below, so if
anyone wants to comment further...

Site A: 192.168.2.x
Site B: 192.168.1.x

Both Sites connect through a leased line:
Router is 192.168.2.1 for site A
and 192.168.1.1 Site B

DC / possibly Exchange Server in each site and also ISA Server (?):

Site A 192.168.2.2
Site B 192.168.1.2 (?)

I think for clients to access the DC's in each site, you need to do the
following:

1. Set the Default gateway on the secure NAT clients to the ISA server
in the site.
2. On the ISA Server in each site set a static route something like
(depending on your subnet mask):

Site B's ISA Server:
route add -p 192.168.2.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 metric

Site A's ISA Server:
route add -p 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1 metric

3. In the LAT for the ISA Server ensure the remote network 192.168.x.x
is there.

Lastly, I am not sure but would the clients using SNAT also need a
static route to the remote network, anyone?

Kind regards, George