RE: how to access existing applications on the ISA server itself

  • From: "Joel GUILLERM" <joel_guillerm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 01:40:29 -0700

Tom,
I don't want to use ISA Server as a local firewall;
but the fact is that my customer would prefer to continue to host an
intranet web server on the same machine as ISA Server ;
this Web server has to be accessible by anybody in the intranet, so there
are no real need to protect it ;
so, the question is no to know if it is recommended or not ;
it is is just to know if it is possible or not, since I have some
difficulties with this configuration ;
to dig a little bit more, I have read your ISAServer 2004 book where I
found some interesting informations ;
It is why I asked (and I did not tested yet) if it should be necessary to
publish this Web service hosted on the ISA machine, as I understood from
your book (I don't remember the chapter)

thanks in advance