Re: ftp publishing

  • From: "PETER PAPE" <papexpjboi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:15:39 +0000

Hi Mo,

Windows Security is used to secure FTP directories. Anonymous users are assigned the IUSR_??? user id, so base permission on that ID or require the user to sign-on. Authentication is defined in the FTP service properties.

From: "Mo Raziq" <Mo.Raziq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [isalist] ftp publishing
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:58:11 +0100

http://www.ISAserver.org

hi list,

I need a client to access a specific directory on our isa server via
ftp.  I have read the articles about publishing, but I'm unsure how to
secure the directory, and restrict the client to only this one
directory.  Is this done through Windows permissions?  If not... how?

Mo Raziq
Technical Support
mo.raziq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IT Networks Limited
19 - 21 High Street
Coleshill
Birmingham
B46 1AY

Tel: +44 (0) 870 161 6611
Fax: +44 (0) 870 161 6622
Web: www.itnetworks.co.uk
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of IT Networks Ltd.
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed
to our clients or suppliers, any opinions or advice contained in
this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in
the governing engagement letter or contract.

IT Networks Ltd helpdesk by phone on +44 (0) 870 161 6611.