RE: firewall client install

  • From: "Anthony Michaud" <anthonym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:50:46 +1000

If you're using W2k domains, you should look at group policy managed
installations.

<http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/management/verit
as.asp> will give you the steps for creating a package, and
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/management/swins
tall.asp> will give you instructions for using group policy to
distribute applications.

(think these are right).  The machines will have to be rebooted if you
use machine installations, or if you use user installations, the user
will have to log off and log on.  I've found that specifying the
machine, rather than the user, will make things a little easier - esp.
if you have users logging onto servers (not a good thing, but sometimes
it can't be avoided :(

*DO* take your time with the package creation - and TEST TEST TEST!.
The one thing that you get wrong = 200 things wrong on every other
computer in the company.

--
Anthony Michaud
Network Administrator

You've got an anti-anti-antimissile missile? Well, we've got an
anti-anti-anti-antimissile missile!" - Get Smart!