Re: firewall and windows farm

  • From: "PETER PAPE" <papexpjboi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:55:53 +0000

Hi Fritz,

Not only is it possible to put your DC and Exchage Server behind a firewall, I would highly recommend it!!

As far as "Opening Ports", (Tom will address that soon....:) that's a concept that over simplifies what's really involved. If you want to get mail from the Internet on your Exchange Server, then you will want to use server publishing rules to publish your mail server. You may need to also create some protocol rules to allow the Exchange server to send outbound mail. I'm assuming you'll be using ISA as your firewall of course :)

Check out some of the articles on ISAserver.org on configuring mail servers.

Peter

From: "Fritz Mesedilla" <fritz.mesedilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [isalist] firewall and windows farm
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:53:06 +0800

http://www.ISAserver.org

Folks I need help with this.

Would it be possible for me to put a domain controller and exchange server behind a firewall?
windows farm (exchange and pdc and sdc) --- firewall --- internet

What ports do I need to open?

Thanks.

fritz <www.mesedilla.com>
---
+ basta Ikaw Lord

the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.

Overture Media, Inc.
Direct Line: (632) 635-4785
Trunkline: (632) 631-8971 Local 146
Fax: (632) 637-2206
Level 1 Summit Media Offices, Robinsons Galleria EDSA Cor. Ortigas Ave., Quezon City 1100

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings! Go to http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134