RE: exchange rpc filter

  • From: "Ara" <ara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:36:41 -0800

Hello tom,

Thank you for the help and time. My problem started at the time that we have a
domain.local scenario and I wanted to make rpc over https going. There was no
ISA at this place till a month ago and they were using VPN to get outlook
access. But that is not the right way because they get full access to
everything.

After putting ISA 2004 in place, I tried to set the rpc over https feature. At
the same time I was following here and saw that there are problems with local
domains. So I stopped to see what the answer is for it. Either rename the
domain (politically impossible) or use a split dns. I went through split dns
and couldn't get it to get following Jim's article on website (my bad)

So it put me back to this point that let them VPN in and use the
mail.domain.local as their server so they are happy and I think that is the
safe way.

There are 2 domain controllers inside apps.domain.local and pdc.domain.local.
Email server is mail.domain.local. I used the dhcp for VPN so when I VPN in, I
will get a computer.domain.local based ip address which is the same range as
internal network.

ISA is setup as a 3 legged one, internal has the mail server and domain
controllers, and 3rd one is used for wireless access point. This might sound
crazy as mail is inside but that is my next plan to move it out.

I was reading chapter 5 of the document which title says Creating Access Policy
for VPN Clients

If you do a favor and tell me what ports and protocols have to be forwarded
from vpn clients to inside network (exhcnage,dns,ldap) or a document that
matches this scenario, that would be appreciated