e-trust inoculate IT 6 auto updates

  • From: "Nigel Carroll" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 18:24:20 +0800

>Incidentally, I cannot get e-trust inoculate IT 6 on the server that
ISA
is installed on to download it's auto-dat updates using ftp. I have had
to download them manually and then install them.

Rich I set this up the other day but didn't note the settings down -
just make sure packet logging in turned on then force an update then
look at log to see what's getting blocked.

From memory I made TWO seperate packet filters one for outgoing and one
for incoming ftp and specified the class B subnet that Inoculate
connects to (think it was 163...) I would have liked to make it tighter
but different IP #'s within this subnet are used each time a download is
attempted - perhaps there may only be several but I didn't have time to
work this out via trial and error. In fact it would've been nice if CA
had the EXACT FW packet filter setting available but when I called their
support line it was embarassingly clear (for CA) that I was wasting my
time trying to get that 'level' of info from there.

Nigel
TechBase