RE: dns

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:39:36 -0800

When troubleshooting DNS issues, it is important to understand the setup
clearly unless it is a simple issue like root zone or forwards not setup or
packet filters not in place.

It makes it much easier and allows for faster responses if the setup is
clearly explained, then the problem described.

Example, in this post, the person talks about a second DNS server, but where
is it? Then, the server is configured to listen on the external interface.
Which one is he referring to? Are any of the zones AD integrated or serving
the Internal network?
What are the DNS settings on both interfaces of ISA?

When posting, it is important to describe the scenario as much as possible
so that we understand what the poster is doing. Then, we can help come up
with a solution.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.