connecting to my default web site from internet

  • From: "dumazet" <gdumazet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:41:17 -0600

one week ago i ask some assistance for the same subject.but i received no
message.

I tried my best to find a solution but unfortunately i am not expert and i
have not succeded.

i need really your assistance to connect from internet to a dns2go domain
with ISA server to be able to open VPN to the HQ from distant sites.

i connect to internet with a second NIC pointing to my isp with raspppoe
and a modem

if i connect with iis5 from win2000 pro : everything is fine
my site is breiz-i-net.dns2go.com : i can reach it from outside

now i try to connect with my final config :

sbs2000 with ISA server
here are the points i have done :

1 - create a packet filter "dns2g" TCP out dynamic local port to distant
fix port 1227 accordingly to a message i already received from deerfield

        this works and i connect from isa server to deerfield except i cannot
synchronize the time but this is secondary

2 - change my iis5 port to exemple "port 12345" to have the tcp:80 open
only to my externel NIC accordingly to tom shinder tutorial on this
subject

3 - create a destination set name breiz-i-net.dns2go.com pointing on my
server with path /inetpub/wwwroot/*

        here i am not sure of this path nor of the destination - not clear for
me
can i get it clear from you

4 - publish my web site (default)

        destination : the one just mentionned
        redirection : myservername.mydomain my port "12345"
        for all requests

this seems the normal way

also deerfield ask to create a packet filter TCP both directions local
port 12345 distant port 80

i did it

anyhow i tried different ways but each time from outside or inside there
is no way to connect to http://www.breiz-i-net.dns2go.com

i feel you know well these kind of problems

can you help ???

i need only to be able to reach my server web to open a VPN connection.
everything was nice before with SBS45 with PPTP and NT4

gdumazet