configure EXchange 2000 to collect mail from External mail server

  • From: "Waleed Mustafa" <elwaleedy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:45:48 -0600

Hello experts,

I currently installed my first Exchange Server 2000 in Windows 2000 which
is not directly connected to internet and has only 1 Lancard. I have my
domain controler and 1 win2k Server connected directly to internet.

We have an internet email that has a POP3 and SMTP server.
let say: POP3: mail.ourcompany.com and SMTP: mail.ourcompany.com also.

Usually what we do is configure our outlook to send/receive email using
that POP3 and SMTP respectively.

But we explore now and take the possibilty of holding our own email
server..So we want to try it using exchange server.

To make it short, what we want to do is to get all the emails from our
internet mail server and store all of them in our Exchange Server and
distribute in our users using outlook.Same as in sending emails..

Is it possible in Exchange Server?

Im new to exchange Server, can you please teach me step by step.
I cannot find any books that fits in my situation.

Thanks...