RE: client behind ISA access to remote Exchange behind another ISA using MAPI

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:49:37 -0800

This is interesting. See my reply to 307926.

In your case, is a site to site VPN possible? (It would have to be strictly
regulated.)

In my opinion, Exchange was never designed nor will it function properly to
serve as a mail server for non-local domains. It is the Lexus of corporate
e-mail servers. The key word is corporate.

If you have to have Exchange and you have to outsource, I would seriously
consider a on-site outsourced Exchange server, where it is in your office
but is entirely taken care of by someone else.

I have never heard of Exchange being used for a corporation where the
Exchange server was not within that company.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.
Fullerton, CA  92835