RE: cisco vpn dialer (IPSEC)

  • From: "GT" <torchetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:11:49 -0500

That's a whole other story...
If I disable my client nothing works behind the firewall? Not sure why?
I am new to this ISA thing and that definitly doesn't help.

If I disable the FW service, that is the only way to make things work.

you> -----Original Message-----
you> From: David Elmquist [mailto:david@xxxxxxxxxx]
you> Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 2:00 AM
you> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
you> Subject: [isalist] RE: cisco vpn dialer (IPSEC)
you>
you>
you> http://www.ISAserver.org
you>
you>
you>
you> If you have a Firewall client installed, try to disable that, and
you> connect again.
you>
you>  David Elmquist
you>
you> -----Original Message-----
you> From: GT [mailto:torchetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
you> Sent: 9. november 2001 02:46
you> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
you> Subject: [isalist] RE: cisco vpn dialer (IPSEC)
you>
you>
you> Well I am not getting that far.
you> I get the logon screen and I enter my username/password,
you> and then (last
you> 3 lines after a short timeout)..
you>
you> Initializing the connection...
you> Contacting the security gateway at 207.35.60.67... Authenticating
you> user... Contacting the security gateway at 207.35.60.67...
you> Negotiating
you> security policies... Securing communication channel... Remote peer
you> terminated connection.
you>
you> Isn't there a rule I can add that will allow everything?
you> Anyway I've been hammering away for a while and I am just about to
you> revert back to my Linux firewall??
you>
you> Thanks for your help and if you have anything else to
you> suggest, it will
you> be greatly appreciated.
you>
you>
you> you> -----Original Message-----
you> you> From: Jeffrey M. Butte
you> you>
you> you> I assume you are getting a connection to your client
you> you> behind ISA but it
you> you> is stopping there....  Configuring your client depends on
you> you> if and how it
you> you> was customized.  The config may be different for everyone.
you> you>
you> you> 1.)  Configure your client to use IPSEC through NAT Mode
you> you> (general tab
you> you> under properties)
you> you> 2.)  Connect the client to the Altiga box.
you> you> 3.)  Right click the client in the system tray and
you> select status.
you> you> 4.)  Note the NAT port listed.
you> you> 5.)  Launch the ISA management console and create two protocol
you> you> definitions:
you> you>
you> you>            Port: 500
you> you>        Protocol: UDP
you> you>       Direction: SEND
you> you>
you> you>            Port: <the one you noted>
you> you>        Protocol: UDP
you> you>       Direction: SEND
you> you>
you> you> Give that a shot.
you> you>
you> you> Jeff Butte
you> you> mailto:jbutte@xxxxxx
you> you>
you> you>
you> you>
you> you>
you> you>
you> you>
you> you> -----Original Message-----
you> you> From: GT [mailto:torchetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
you> you> Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 7:54 PM
you> you> To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
you> you> Subject: [isalist] cisco vpn dialer (IPSEC)
you> you>
you> you>
you> you> http://www.ISAserver.org
you> you>
you> you>
you> you> I have a workstation needing to connect to an external vpn
you> you> altiga box.
you> you> Anyone have any clue as to what filter to enable
you> you> port/whatever to get
you> you> this
you> you> working?
you> you>
you> you> Thanks!
you> you> torchetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx
you> you>
you> you> ------------------------------------------------------
you> you> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org
you> you> Discussion List as:
you> you> jbutte@xxxxxx
you> you> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
you> you> $subst('Email.Unsub')
you> you> Discussion List as: torchetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx
you> you> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
you> you> $subst('Email.Unsub')
you>
you> You are currently subscribed to this ISAserver.org
you> Discussion List as: torchetti@xxxxxxxxxxxx
you> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
you> $subst('Email.Unsub')