cannot publish the web server :(

  • From: "Qusai Ali AL Haddad" <qusai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:16:07 +0300

Hello People :-)

For about 7 days now our Sys Admin has been battling with the MS ISA Server
to get it to publish our Webserver which is placed "behind" it.

At the moment we have tried almost everything from disabling Socket Pooling
on the IIS, published as both Server and Webserver using the ISA wizards,
checking that the router which the ISA server is placed "behind" is open on
port 80 aso aso.

And still the only error message we can produce is:

"Background:
The server you are attempting to access has refused the connection with the
gateway. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is
inactive on the server."

We have followed the documentation, the tutorials available on different
websites aso. Further we allready has an Exchange server up and running on
the ISA and it's running smoothly with no problems what-so-ever.

If anyone of you have the smallest clue about what might be wrong it will be
much more than appreciated :-)

Qusai