RE: cannot connect to external pop and smtp server

  • From: "Philip Clark" <pclark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 04:03:20 -0500

Can you go to a prompt and ping servername.domain.com  ??

If you don't get resolution to the IP address then
you have a name resolution problem.  If so, try configuring
your email client to use the ip address instead of the
server name.

Don't forget,  If you have added filters, you could have
inadvertantly filtered external DNS traffic.