RE: can we have mac-addresses as client address sets for acl in isa

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:56:51 -0500

Hey guys,

I seems strange to me that anyone would want to use MAC address control
when one of the major advantages of using an ISA firewall is user/group
based access control. Its pretty easy to spoof your MAC address. But as
Dave said, if you want to use MAC based control, just create static
entries in DHCP and use Group Policy to prevent users from changing
their addressing schemes.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder