can someone control internal clients over existing connection

  • From: "osman filiz" <osmanfiliz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 05:01:50 +0000

Hi ..
There is a tool Oracle Direct Connect works like these: client uses ports
80, 443 to connect oracle direct connect server and support engineer can
control and access our client pc's and our network!!!This means that any
internal client have access to port 80 and 443 can open our network to
internet.This is very big security problem i think...If there are a lot of
sites in internet, works on this logic then we are not safe...We have isa on
win2k with sp3.Any idea how can i restrict this kind of tools?(Protocol
rules for users is  80 and 443).