RE: can anybody see my site???

  • From: "Anthony Michaud" <anthonym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 09:26:15 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: mag [mailto:mag@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 8 October 2001 20:15
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: can anybody see my site???

http://www.ISAserver.org

It seems to me that I do not understand anything at all...... :(

You've almost got it :)

I connected a computer with external IP (that is not included in ISA &
anywhere else) directly to Internet.
The computer is brand new, it was connected to internet for the first
time. So it's cash must be clear.
I can see my site wis it...........
Is it good or not?

You've got to look at DNS if you haven't already.  Disable dynamic
updates on both the nics AND the dns server.  If you've only got the one
DNS server for internal/external access, you're either going to have to
use real IP's for the whole network, or you're going to have to setup
another server.  Its a bit hard to diagnose from here, as I don't know
how you've configured your network.

--
Anthony Michaud
Network Administrator

You've got an anti-anti-antimissile missile? Well, we've got an
anti-anti-anti-antimissile missile!" - Get Smart!