RE: browser hijacking

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CSA1)" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:01:11 -0400

Yep, and I'm with you on the tool thing as protection from what your AUP allows.

Question, though: have any of these places experienced damages and/or loss of
uptime due to something getting in (extending beyond one or two individual
users)?  If not, is there a model that you can put together to show them what
would happen and how enforcing an AUP would help and possibly prevent the
damages?

And of course the follow-up question: do they care...?  In many of the small
businesses that I've dealt with the folks making the calls are money people and
when you show money flying out the window to money people it tends to get a
reaction.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman