Re: behind an other proxy and security issue

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 05:45:46 -0800

#1 - get rid of the "all open" rule.  As long as you have that in place, your
security is for sh*t.
 - Create specific rules for specific protocols; this way, what you don't allow
doesn't go through.
 - Create speciic Site and Content Rules for specific content; same reasoning
as before.
 - Read the ISA help; it goes a log wy toward explaining how ISA works.
 - Read the remaining articles on isaserver.org and www.microosft.com/isaserver

#2 - read the ISA help.  You're looking for "upstream routing"

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 06:16:10 -0700
 "MS-Khan" <mobassir_sattar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hello
Every one

i am new on this isaserver.org help. with the help of quick start guied i
am running isa server with default all open rule, i need to know some
advance functions. at this time i am using isa with dialup connection.

1-   how i can impelement security control , lets spose i want to block
some specific users or group for specialy for downloading, massenger
chating, or browsing etc. please tell me with step by step exemple.

2- how can we configure ISA server to work behind an other proxy with 2 or
1 lan cards. like as we configure ccpproxy or wingate as cascading proxy
and just type our first proxy server ip and port in cascading option it
strat work , how we can do this with ISA

thanks for  all