Re: bandwith rules effectifity ??

  • From: "Souko souko" <ssouko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 16:37:28 +0000

Hi,

Bandwidth rules don't slice your bandwidth into seperate channels. What happens is that if you have a client with inbound 50 he will receive the full bandwidth if there are no other requests. If another requests comes in he will share the bandwidth halfways etc.

I think the rule is

(client rule) 50/ 50=1 (100%)
if another client comes
(client rule) 50/ 50+50=0.5 (50%)

But this is just a guess.

From: Yoes K <yoes_isaserver@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [isalist] bandwith rules effectifity ??
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:09:16 -0800 (PST)

http://www.ISAserver.org

I want to set up all of my client box to limit their bandwith to 64-kbps. (i have 256 kbps leased line connection). Here what i've done :

-enable bandwith control (isa management) at bandwith
rules properties to 256.

-make new bandwith rules, and set up outbound and
inbound bandwith to 50.

But the client feel it is same as best traffic rule.
in another words, there are no difference between
64kbps rule and best traffic rule (256).

have an opinions???

thx all
-yoes-