Re: attacks

  • From: "Dusty Jones" <dusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:42:49 -0800

Hi,
I occasionally get these kind of messages. If you run tracert against the
address in the message you will find that alot of time its from a web
application of some kind. For example, I have gotten these scans from some
of the streaming radio sites, yahoo services (search engine?) as well as a
couple of online banking services. I am not sure why these services need to
scan but for some reason they sometimes do. This may or may not be the case
with your situation. But, at least with the tracert you can determine if it
is from some legimate domain or from elsewhere. The tracert command will
resolve the ip address to a host and domain name if it is actually in a
registered domain.

As far as the locking up, what are the specs of the box running ISA?

Dusty Jones
MCSE, CCNA