arrggg DMZ

  • From: "Anthony Roberts" <Anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:26:19 -0000

I am trying to build a Back to Back DMZ and for the moment all I want in there
is a ftp server and a web server (apache).

So I built the external ISA server made sure I could access the internet (note
this box nor the server are in a domain they are in a workgroup) then I built
the FTP server and, I then publish the FTP server, through server publishing
and added a few packet filters, that worked great, a huge stroke of luck. Then
I tried the apache web server and I just could not publish it.

Problems that there may be.

1 we are not in a domain

2 we will be accessing the site by ip not by dns res ie 123.123.123.12 not
www.???????.co.uk <http://www./???????.co.uk>

and arrrgggggg I am tired

any suggestions would indeed be welcome

Robbie