RE: Yahoo Messenger And ISA Server

  • From: Chris Addicks <caddicks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:19:59 -0400

I had the opposite experience in that I had a need to enable Yahoo
Messenger.  I tried all the things Yahoo suggested, and the ones I saw here
to no avail.  Then I changed the "applies to" setting for the Protocol Rule
from domain users to any request an the thing started working.  Apparently,
Yahoo Messenger doesn't use the users account credentials for its
communications, so it stands to reason that if you restrict internet access
to domain users, you may disable Yahoo Messenger.  Beware, there are other
network apps that may do the same thing, so you might disable them also.