RE: XP VPN Client issue

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:39:31 -0800

I have no idea if this would have any thing to do with it, but in XP there
is a new default setting under LAN Properties.

There is a Authentication tab. By default, EAP type is set to Smart Card or
other Certificate. This causes the client not to be able to change their
password from the workstation if you are not using Smart Cards or a PKI
setup. By changing this setting to MD5-Chanllange, the clients are able to
change their password.

As this appears to be an authentication related issue, you might want to
look at this.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.