Re: XP HOME

  • From: Troy Radtke <TRadtke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:00:44 -0500

Yes, you are correct, but in all reality there are many major reason to
never have that on your network.  All I have to say is one thing: Domain
trusts.  The non-domain member would have to supply domain credentials to
the "trustee" domain, and personally I don't think teaching someone the
difference between coporatedomain\enduser and workgroup\enduser is worth my
time considering how the first time they have issues they'll be calling me
on the phone.  Some of the places that I work with have 20+ domains under
multiple different admins for different divisions/groups/departments/areas.
Can you even imagine trying to work with 4 sets of rotating passwords on
different schedules with different requirements?  Even something as simple a
2 or 3 calls on why drive mappings aren't working can easily eat through the
few dollars in difference of up front cost for purchasing the correct
version.