Work_ISA-Home_ISA_VPN Connection

  • From: "Angelwitch" <Angelwitch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:50:30 -0700

Question is how do I get my vpn connection to function from my client
machine at my place of employment to Home.

I can vpn from home to work (which is using ISA and RAS) just fine. I can
VNC to my employment pc's for troubleshooting as well.

I have followed the directions for "how to install ISA on a domain
controller", and that works well on my Domain Controller at home
wonderfully. Web proxy and firewall clients work well. I continually get
the error 678 from my workstation at place of employment when I try to
connect to home. My main goal here is to get my vpn working so I can test
certain configs with Lyris and our Website at work. I am thinking it is
RAS that is causing my grief.

Home config:
1.speedstream 5260 modem (non-usb)
2.Linksys router with dynamic ip addressing for wan interface(ip changes
every 4 months or so)
3.Linksys internal is 192.168.3.49 255.255.255.240
4.Public Nic is set to 192.168.3.50\ Private Nic set to 192.168.3.51
5.Private Nic is internal DNS server. I have wins enabled only for the
Private Ip address
6. I have lost hope and created an "Allow vpn connections" in the Network
Connections option.

Please any direction would be helpful.
If there any blanks I need to fill in I can certainly do that.

AW