Windows vpn clients can't access to ouside pop / imap servers, Reposted

  • From: "Alexander V. Litvak" <alexl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:20:51 -0500

I have vpn users that can't access their e-mail at outside ISP via pop
or imap clients.  They can browse Internet  and connect to smtp port but
can't access pop or imap.  In the logs of ISA I see following messages
for IMAP

Protocol:IMAP4 Action:Initiated connection Rule:RDP for remote desktop

and after a while

 Protocol:IMAP4 Action:Closed connection Rule:RDP for remote desktop

No denials , vpnclients are allowed to talk to outside servers.

I am not sure what  RDP for remote desktop rule means and where I can
find it.  It is not among the current ISA rules and not even listed in
system default rules.

Please help.