RE: Windows Update

  • From: "Edward Sullivan" <esullivan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:17:58 -0600

This article addresses more of the concerns. Windows Update is intended for use
for consumer products, and not for production data center environments. To
quote an industry expert:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/ntbugtraq/2002-q2/0053.html

"So in the end, I have to agree with Susan Bradley's basic premise, don't use
Windows Update. I vehemently disagree with her that we should treat it as v1.0,
its been around long enough and MS have had ample opportunities to fix it, it
should be robust, accurate, and incredibly reliable given how important it is.
I also wouldn't agree that it can be used on systems other than servers, its as
unreliable on workstations as it is on anything else."

Cheers,
Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor