RE: Windows Logon

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:09:24 -0600

Hi Joe,

1. Click Start and then click the Run command.

2. In the Run dialog box, enter dcpromo in the Open text box and click
OK.

3. In the Wizard pages that follow, demote the machine from a domain
controllor.

4. Go to a machine behind the ISA firewall, and repeat steps 1 and 2,
this time using the Wizard to promote the machine to a domain controller

5. Join the ISA firewall to the domain created on the DC *BEHIND* the
ISA firewall

6. Tell your friends that if you want your firewall to be a domain
controller, put the DC on the pix server

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org