RE: Windiows 2003 SP1

  • From: "Ara" <ara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:57:54 -0700

Is that possible to do?

________________________________

From: Steve Moffat [mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:52 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: Windiows 2003 SP1

http://www.ISAserver.org

Well, make a ISA slipstreamed cd!!!!

:))

________________________________

From: Andrew English [mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 10:38 AM
To: ISA Mailing List

http://www.ISAserver.org

I was able to figure out what the problem was. It seems I didn't notice
there was a wireless router connected to the network using the same IP
as the ISA box, and even stranger during the problem ISA never
complained that there was an IP conflict on the network. I will say that
one thing I have noticed if you update all your machines to SP1 using
windows update and not ISA things seem to be okay with ISA, however if
you use a slipstream version of SP1 Win2k3 Server and you install
non-SP1 on your ISA box within minutes the ISA starts crashing with the
RPC bug, and you can't even download SP1 without it crashing. Microsoft
has done some very bad voodoo shit to SP1.

Andrew