RE: Win 2K Reboot options

  • From: "Muqeem Syed" <Syed.Muqeem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:21:52 +0200

Hi All,
Though this is not an ISA related issue, butI thought I could still try
it with the Guru's here.
I would like to set restart options on win 2k machines.. I mean if I
have a machine with multiple instances of win 2k installed on it, and
say I had one instance that was confgiured to log on to a domain and
another instance that is configured to be a member of a workgroup.... is
there any registry setting that I can include to prompts me to choose an
opeiton when I want to restart the machine ... asking me which instance
should the machine reboot to...

Say i was running an instance and was logged on to my domain.. now for
testing purpose... if I wanted to reboot to the instance that is
configured to be a part of the workgroup.. the only options that I have
noticed is that it reboots to a specific instance by default... after
waiting for 30 seconds.. or I can configure it to wait till a particular
instance is chosen.. is there any way that I can have 2-3 reboot options
which ask me which instance it should reboot to .. when it restarts
again.

Regards