Re: Wierd DNS stuff...

  • From: "Bryan Andrews" <bandrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:28:46 -0400

I also seem to have a dnslookup packet filter setup for the external ip
and 'all remote computers'. Not sure why that is there unless it was
something I was doing early on trying to get things working also...

This would only apply if I was using dns on the ISA server right?

Date: 10/2/2001
Time: 6:28:04 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TATL0S03
The DNS server encountered an invalid domain name in a packet from
209.235.102.18.  The packet is rejected.

AND

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: DNS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5504
Date: 10/2/2001
Time: 6:28:04 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TATL0S03
The DNS server encountered an invalid domain name in a packet from
209.235.102.17.  The packet is rejected.

I have no idea why this is happening. I did digs and do not recognize
this address, and whats more, I don't really understand how dns would be
talking to this ip thru the firewall... often and repeatedly.

Has anyone else seen this before is this something I should worry about?