[isalist] Weird connectivity problem

  • From: "Rob Moore" <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:42:44 -0400

ISA 2004 Standard, SP2 not installed, running on W2k3 SP1. The only
thing that's changed with it in a long while is that this morning around
8:15 I installed the Acronis TrueImage 8.0 software on the ISA server,
in order to take an image of the ISA server. It didn't seem to cause any
trouble. Then around 11:30 we started having users report various
problems:
* My remote users can no longer connect to our VPN server (ISA passes
the PPTP packets to a separate VPN server).
* Some people can't connect to our Exchange server, both internal and
remote users.
* RDP no longer works, neither internally nor externally.
* Logon screen takes a long time to appear on clients.
* Logging on locally to the ISA server takes very long

No special errors on the server. I uninstalled the Acronis software.

When I monitor VPN connection attempts, ISA doesn't show any errors. The
client tries to connect, then things time out.

The only thing odd I've noticed (and I don't really know if it's odd,
since I don't use the dashboard at all), is that under "Connectivity"
all the things there are labeled as "Not configured." Those "things"
include:
* Active Directory
* DHCP
* DNS
* Others
* Published Servers
* Web (Internet)

Is that normal?

Anyone know what the heck might be going on? And how I might be able to
troubleshoot it?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Moore