RE: Weird caching problem.

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:43:08 -0500

They both resolve to the same IP address when resolved from the client.
Possibly the difference is that the www one is the one that is
"published" in the ISA server.

Since this is on a separate internal network (different NIC in ISA
server), it has to pass through the ISA server no matter what.  I have
one rule that allows "all protocols" between those two networks, and
that is the one the logs show it is hitting and passing through.

I'll try and test this out again today.  I had noticed that yesterday
the CPUs were running at 50-60% utilization most of the day, and there
was almost 4GB of memory in use.  This was not quite right, so I
rebooted the server last night and now it is running at 5-10%
utilization and only 1.8GB of memory in use, which is where it normally
runs.  It's possible something was hanging...