Web proxy service fails to start

  • From: "andy fairley" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:17:09 -0000

Hello  _ I had a ISA server work fine with a dial up connection but have now
upgraded to a Cable always on modem. I now cannot get ISA to start properly
without the Web proxy service hanging and not being able to be restarted.

I have uninstalled the ISA and rebuilt the server many times but keep coming
back to the same problem. Web Proxy will not start. The external nic receives
its IP address by DHCP and I have experimented with all sorts of packet filters
etc. Whether they are enabled or not the nic seems to get its address from my
ISP. When I study the logs I see that ISA is blocking some more UDP traffic -
could this be the reason why the web proxy service fails or am I barking up the
wrong tree?

Andy Fairley