RE: Web proxy or Firewall Client (to be or not to be)

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:36:31 -0600

Hi Alfonso,

Its interesting that when I configured a machine to be a SecureNAT
client and a Web Proxy client, then FTP connection failed to work. You
might want to check out Stefaan Pouseele's article on FTP over at
www.isaserver.org, I believe he covered the circumstances when FTP
requests from the browser are not sent through the Web Proxy service.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder

From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:31:37 -0600

> http://www.ISAserver.org
>

> Hi Alfonso,
>
> OK, here's the test:
>
> 1. Client is a machine configured as a Web Proxy client
>
> 2. Firewall client software is DISABLED
>
> 3. Default gateway is removed
>
> 4. Browser configured to use PORT mode; that is, the option to use
PASV