Web proxy client gaining outside access to mail server

  • From: "Peter Forster" <PForster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:59:17 -0800

Hello, recently  I had a certain group using the FW client software to pass
through ISA to retrieve POP mail from an outside ISP mail server. That worked
fine. Until last week, when a telnet application seemed to frequently hang and
freeze. I then uninstalled the FW client and left the proxy settings in the
browser only.Telnet app works fine now.
These clients are still gaining access to the outside server for their mail.
I am reading Shinder's book on ISA and have researched elsewhere but am not
finding any answers why a web proxy client (not SecureNAT or FW client) can
continue to access an outside mailserver.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Peter

---