Re: Web Usage Reports

  • From: "Sean Faust" <sfaust@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:27:52 -0500

Thanks, that makes sense.  Next question is in the Web Traffic by users
in the User column I have domain\user name with their request numbers
and several lines down I will have an IP address with more data that
resolves back to that users station.

Why would the user name be resolved and then also have data by IP
address?  I thought the only way to resolve names was to install the
Firewall Client?

It states under Top Web Users that Network Addresses are presented when
user names are unknown.  What would cause ISA to know the user name with
one request but not another?

Sean Faust
American Red Cross
Atlanta Chapter