RE: Web Server publishing rule ignored in favour of default rule

  • From: "J Canfer" <james.canfer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:52:19 -0600

Tom,

In the test environment itself there is no name server and I've got
entries in the host file on the web server and ISA server so they can find
each other.

The external interface of the ISA machine is on a live subnet with DNS and
when I use a client on that subnet to try and access the web server, name
resolution is working.

When the request hits the ISA Server to access a web page on the web
server there are three log entries;

1. Access denied by default rule when <client IP> tries to access 192.0.3.29
using
HTTP on port 80.  Username anonymous, source external and destination
local host.

2. Initiated connection from <client IP> to 192.0.3.29 using HTTP on port 80

3. Closed connection from <client IP> to 192.0.3.29 using HTTP on port 80

Thanks

JC