Web Publishing Internal->External->Internal broken

  • From: "Chris Kinsman" <ckinsman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:11:19 -0700

I have an ISA Server 2004 box that is publishing a few dozen web sites on
a dozen or so IP addresses.

I have a box running IPCheck internally that makes a request using the dns
name of the web site to check the web site and ISA publishing rule is all
right.

No split DNS in this case.

This had been working fine for over a year.  Recently I changed the
publishing rules to proxy the address of the client computer instead of
the ISA server.  When I did so I found that I could no longer request
several of the web sites from the IPCheck box.

After reversing the setting for just those web sites I still could not
access those boxes.

I found the common pattern is that the boxes I couldn't access were not on
the first IP address of my internet interface.  i.e. .194  If the website
was listening on .195 then it experienced the problem.

I ran an Ethereal trace on the internal IPCheck box and see the GET / HTTP
1.1 request go out but no response ever come back.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris