RE: Web Publish FTP Server?

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT1.1)" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:11:10 -0500

You have to make sure that you have packet filters for both port 20 and 21.
FTP uses port 20 for data streams and port 21 for connection control.  That
should do it.

Web publishing will send your requests through the web proxy service which
only supports read-only connections.  No PUTS, DELETES, etc.  With this
method you would need to use a web proxy client to connect.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx