Web Proxy authentication

  • From: "Ron Watson" <ron_watson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:59:47 -0700

My users have need to access an oracle database outside of our network.
When anonymous access is allowed, the users have no problem connecting to
the database (after the proper port(s) were opened).  As soon as I force
authentication by allowing web proxy clients only, access to the database
fails with INTEGRATED authentication selected.  If basic is selected, the
user is prompted once with a dialog box when launching IE, and once when
trying to access the oracle database which does work.  The oracle client
uses a program called jinitiator 1.1.7.27 which has proxy settings in the
control panel that the program uses for configuration.  This makes no
sense to me, but I do not know much, if anything about Oracle.  Anyone
have a clue?