Re: Web Proxy Client Autodiscovery (WPAD)

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:34:37 -0700

Muito obrigado, Elcio! Você é o melhor!

Wow.  What a discovery!  According to Q312864 IE6 AutoDiscovery using
DHCPP option 252 cannot work in Win 2k or Win XP for regular domain
users!!! The users have to be members of the Admin or Power Users (or
some new "Network Configuration Operators" group in XP) to have
permission to query the DHCP server!  Amazing.

Anyone know how to give users just this permission to issue DHCP
queries, rather than making them members of a group with much broader
permissions?

In any case, I made my users members of that Network Configuration
Operators group in Windows XP and it still doesn't work. :(

Thus I'm quitting my attempt to use ISA's AutoDiscovery -- I'll either
hard code the ISA's IP address in the client's browsers or like Elcio
suggested assign some configuration script thru a GPO (anyone knows of a
script that figures out what AD site you're in -- or no site at all for
say a laptop outside LAN?)

Alfonso