Re: Web Proxy Authentication Problems

  • From: "Stephen I. Woolhead" <Stephen.Woolhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:19:35 -0000

I have a very similar problem since I turned on 'ask all users for Auth'
on outgoing connections.

At the moment the only problem I have seen is talking to another OWA web
server which is also behind ISA. I will keep getting asked for my
username and password, whereas before it would only ask once.  In the
end OWA seems to give up and serves up an access denied message.

If the OWA server is in the same site (i.e. reverse proxy back onto the
same network) then in the middle of all the other prompts, I will get 3
for the proxy?

No idea why at the moment, just glad it still works OK from outside.

Also I have turned this on so that I can restrict certain users access
to the internet.  The problem is that they share a terminal server with
users that have full access.  This means that I can not block access by
IP address.

Stephen.

Proxy
> > Outbound Requests, and try to visit an external site (e.g. Exchange
2000
> > WebMail) that requires authentication...
> >
> > You'll see that the site will ask you the authentication lots of
time
> and
> > after a while even your Web Proxy will ask you again the
> authentication...
> >
> > Maybe a misunderstanding between ISA & (remote) IIS?
> >
> > Has anyone ever tried this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Max Bene
> > IT Professional