RE: Web Listeners

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:16:12 -0500

Hi Aman,

The key is the split DNS infrastructure. Its easy and fun. And your
roaming users will love it and the ISA firewall performance will improve
quite a bit when corp users aren't looping back through the firewall to
access Internal resources that should be connecting to directly. Your
two keys to success:

1. Split DNS infrastructure
2. Direct Access for Web Proxy clients for Internal domains and
addresses
3. Address Internal domains to the list of domains in the Firewall
clients tab

This isn't a theoretical deal, its something that I always do in my own
engagements and its something that always works. Try it, you'll
definitely like it.

HTH,
Tom