Web Cam ports

  • From: "Paul Deen" <pdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:25:55 -0600

Hello,
 We are using ISA 2004 and my clients are Firewall Clients as well as
Web Proxy Clients (IE6).
 There is a WebCam (long story) on the internet that we need to be able
to view and control. It uses 3 ports, 80 (normal, used for the html
part) and 5001,5002,5003 (used for audio and to control the camera).

 I have tried creating a user defined protocol rule with parameters of
Port 5001-5003 TCP with a secondary connection of Port 80 TCP. If I set
them to inbound, doesn't seem to help, but when I set them both to
Outbound, then it seems to work, somewhat, only with the Firewall
client, not the web proxy.

If I disable the Web Proxy settings in IE, then it seems to work okay.
But then my users don't get the benefits of the Web proxy cache, which
is why I have made them Web Proxy clients. How can I make this work
through the Web Proxy?

This camera is not hosted by us, it is host externally, we just need to
be able to view it and the audio and controls use ports 5001-5003.

Thanks,
Paul