WPAD.DAT file

  • From: "Nelson Gil" <ngil@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 02:08:47 -0700

Hello,

I need some help on how to view the wpad.dat file on my IE browser.
With the LINUX proxy that we have if I for example type
http://proxy/wpad.dat it gives me the contents correctly.
However on the ISA server I have the IIS 6 running where the wpad.dat file
is in thw wwwroot folder and if I for example type
http://proxyisa/wpad.dat it gives me some sort of program listing with
variables.
How can I get a correct listing on my browser and how can I verify that
the wpad.dat has no erros ?  How would I compile it ? Do I have to
associate the wpad.dat file as some sort of html file ?
On my IE browser in the connections tab have the use automatic
configuration script as:
http://proxyisa:80/wpad.dat and it seems to be working.......
Oh and one more thing...:  If I map a drive letter to the IIS server on
the wwwroot folder, and use notepad to view the wpad.dat file it displays
the contents correctly.

Regards
Nelson