[isalist] WPAD Setup

  • From: Andy Haigh <Andy.Haigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 00:43:33 +1100

Hi,
I am having some issues getting my wpad file to work with all OS’s and versions
of IE.

This is what I have setup:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
                // If hostname with no dots, e.g. http://intranet, go direct
                if (isPlainHostName(host)) return "DIRECT";

                // Resolve hostname to IP address, if matches go direct
                if (isInNet(host, "172.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0")) return "DIRECT";

                // If internal DNS name go direct
                if (dnsDomainIs(host, ".domain.local")) return "DIRECT";

                // All other request to go via proxy server. It that fails try
direct
                return "PROXY fw1.domain.local:8080; DIRECT";
}

This works with Windows XP and IE8 and I am able to get to both 172.22.0.0 and
172.24.0.0 networks.

Trying it on Windows 7 with IE9 though most of it works but I can’t get to
172.24.0.0 network. It tries to go via the firewall and fails.

Is there and issue with IE9, any feedback on a better wpad file?

Thanks

Andy

Andy Haigh      Tel: 9882-5000
HW Systems Pty Limited  Fax: 9882-5055
Unit 304        Mob: 0409-885-866
27 Mars Road    Email:
Andy.Haigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Andy.Haigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Lane Cove NSW 2066
[cid:b343a8.png@743103c2.4db82ac2]

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the person or entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, review, disclosure, dissemination, retransmission or copying of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
contact the sender and delete this message from your system immediately.

PNG image