RE: WMF Vulnerability Script Fix - Attn Jim

  • From: "Greg Mulholland" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:04:51 +1100

Thanks Jim  good work

Greg Mulholland

________________________________

From: Jim Harrison [mailto:Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 10/01/2006 5:00 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: WMF Vulnerability Script Fix - Attn Jim

http://www.ISAserver.org

Ok - thanx to all who reported.
V1.2 is on http://isatools.org/block_wmf.zip.
I've changed the WMF-4 and -5 signatures to use "content-disposition"
instead of "blank".  This is what was causing the crashes in the HTTP
Filter.  Not to worry; this has been fixed in SP2, which coincidentally
is why I didn't see it.
Also, you should manually remove these filters (yes, all of them) from
any web publishing rule that is servicing RPC/HTTP traffic.  It seems
that *any* filter definitions cause ISA to trash this traffic (*really*
secure, huh?).

Also, since some folks have had crashing problems, I've created a script
to get you out of trouble faster.  Unblock_wmf.vbs is your panic button
and is included in the package.  It completely reverts the changes
wrought by block_wmf.vbs.

Updated actions:
1. backs up your current config
2. examines Enterprise (EE) and all arrays
3. within each Enterprise policy and array, it examines all rules.  If
the rule is:
  - "allow"
  - not "default"
  - includes the Web Proxy filter
..it updates the HTTP Filter settings as:

Extensions:
   If "block specified"
   Add .emf
   Add .wmf

   If "allow specified"
   Remove .emf
   Remove .wmf

Signatures:
   Name=WMF-1
   Description=" request url '.emf' file type trigger"
   Type="Request URL"
   Signature=".emf"

   Name=WMF-2
   Description=" request url '.wmf' file type trigger"
   Type="Request URL"
   Signature=".wmf"

   Name=WMF-3
   Description=" response headers content-type trigger"
   Type="Response Headers"
   HTTP Header="content-type"
   Signature="msmetafile"

   Name=WMF-4
   Description=" response header '.emf' file type trigger"
   Type="Response Headers"
   HTTP Header=" content-disposition "
   Signature=".emf"

   Name=WMF-5
   Desctiption=" response header '.wmf' file type trigger"
   Type="Response Headers"
   HTTP Header="content-disposition"
   Signature=".wmf"

   Name=WMF-6
   Description=" response body '.emf' file type trigger "
   Type="Response Body"
   Signature=".emf"

   Name=WMF-7
   Description=" response body '.wmf' file type trigger "
   Type="Response Body"
   Signature=".wmf"

   Name=WMF-8
   Description=" response body base-64 file header trigger "
   Type="Response Body"
   Signature="184Gmg"

MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/