VoIP questions!

  • From: Morvan Müller <mmuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:18:37 -0300

Hello!

In a small cooporate, I have 2 branch offices connected to the coorporate
office, via VPN. I would that the employes call direct between the WKS
using VoIP. (peer-to-peer). I will install earphone with microphone for
users on this WKS for not disturb during conversations.

So I would suggestions/opinios about free VOIP softwares for win2K/XP, for
this function? I will first test Netmeeting!

Netmeeting and Messenger use the standard H323 communication to pass voice?
I still haven't analysed it with a sniffer!

I see that "Cisco Ip phones" and "other Ip phones marks" use diferent ports
for VoIP. The only common port is TCP/1720. Is this commom with VoIP
softwares too (Not H323 standardized)?

Morvan.